What did we do with your donations in April. Expenditures came to 8,000 USD approx covering immediate and long term help.
What we accomplished with this:
- Katie continued to take food and essentials to the Family in Alino
- Supported the family staying with us so they had one less worry in a complex life. BIG thanks for Viki Simeonova from “Vikiland” who also helped by cooking for everyone a couple nights each week. Truly grateful for her help
- The family staying with us did not need to worry about anything day to day related.
- There is a family of three now living in the the Topvine office accommodation that Mike set up. They are self sufficient and don’t need monetary support, just a comfortable place to live.
- Bought an oven for a mother settling in Sofia
- We did a whopping 3500 USD humanitarian shop for the Situation center – that one felt really good 🙂
- Yana continued offer accommodation to Marina, however (and this is exactly why we are doing this) she will no longer need and extra monetary support as she has helped Marina through the hurdles of Bulgarian bureaucracy and we are pleased to hear that Marina has found a job and can now support herself. Big win !!
- Started the Amazon wish-list on behalf of Zadobroto which is now gaining momentum.
And we (the Mitchells and Topvine team) all put in countless hours volunteering either at home in front of screens or at the Situation center.
All in all a productive month.